Foundation & Missions
Since January 2018, ESR combines the activities of Eco-systèmes for household WEEE and Récylum for lighting equipment, professional WEEE and small fire extinguishers. ESR therefore benefits from the decade-long expertise of Eco-systèmes and Récylum in the WEEE sector.
- Eco-systèmes coordinates the collection, the depollution and the recycling of household WEEE.
Récylum coordinates the collection, the depollution and the recycling of professional WEEE, lighting equipment and small fire extinguishers.
- ESR is a non-profit organisation accredited by the French Authorities. In accordance with French and European regulations, ESR carries out a mission of public interest, i.e. the deployment throughout France of a system for collection, depollution and recycling of household and professional WEEE, lighting equipment and small fire extinguishers.
Eco-systèmes and Récylum have set services to collect WEEE among different channels:
- Social economy,
- Waste management companies (scrap dealers, car shredder operators, recycling companies…),
- Professional users of professional EEE.
In 2018, ESR had 4,532 producer members:
- 2,096 for household WEEE,
- 1,585 for professional WEEE,
- 829 for lighting equipment,
- 22 for small fire extinguishers.