The Working Groups (WG) of the WEEE Forum are established for members and cover common themes across members. These form a fairly permanent structure and develop operational tools. WG CO2, for example, seeks to harmonise the methodologies to identify the CO2 savings associated with recycling and proper treatment; WG Scope developed a tool to assess the scope of legislation; WG Collection is setting up a platform to compile examples of best collection practices and campaigns; and WG Communication allows members to share and build experience in communicating messages to stakeholders.
The thematic Task Forces in the WEEE Forum co-ordinate on issues of current concern. At present, existing Task Forces address the following:
- Sampling at treatment plants to identify brominated flame retardants in plastics.
- Monitoring of upcoming legislation around persistent organic pollutants (POP).
- Recovery of glass from cathode ray tubes (CRT) in television sets and classification of CRT glass.
- Implications of the new, open scope of WEEE legislation.
- Management and collection of photovoltaic panels.
- Measures to counter scavenging.
- Tools to provide substantiated estimates of the quantities of WEEE in mixed metal scrap.
Working Groups and Task Forces are open to our members only.