WEEE-NET sets up a novel e-waste (WEEE) recycling business ecosystem by introducing an innovative mixture of gravitational, hydro- and bio-metallurgical technologies. Beneficiaries of this innovative technology are WEEE recycling plants, collectors, and sorters as well as territorial waste management public authorities.
The project will introduce an innovative recycling method for critical raw materials (CRMs) from specific waste streams, using advanced techniques covering all steps for extraction: grinding, physical separation, chemical and bio-leaching methods.
WEEE-NET aims to:
- Transfer the proposed innovative technology mixture and localize best practices on WEEE management, treatment, and CRMs recovery to East and South East Europe recyclers.
- Build-up the networking capacities of key business and research actors involved in WEEE recycling and facilitate commercial agreements through matchmaking and networking events.
- Strengthen the WEEE recycling value chain by stimulating investments and business development, promoting entrepreneurship, and designing start-up/scale-up business support services.
- Raise awareness on the establishment of WEEE recycling as a pillar of the circular economy, highlighting the role of ‘EIT RawMaterials as provider of collaboration opportunities.
- Improve policy and regulatory framework in support for investments, by demonstrating potential gains for local communities and introducing recommendations for waste management authorities.
Follow WEEE-NET9 on social media: